Starting Thursday, April 30th at 5pm, Alabama beaches will be open for use (limited to groups of no more than 10 and maintenance of 6 feet social distancing). The Dauphin Island Public Beach will open Friday May 1, 2020, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm and remain open Wednesdays through Sundays and will be closed Mondays & Tuesdays.
Please know that PARKING WILL BE LIMITED and SOCIAL DISTANCING WILL BE ENFORCED! All are encouraged to wear face masks if you are in public and may interact with others.
Per the Governor’s order, the following guidelines will be in effect Thursday, April 20th at 5pm through Friday, May 15th at 5pm. We anticipate further guidance from the Governor prior to May 15th. The full guidelines are available here -> https://bit.ly/2SiUYAF
The highlights include:
- Alabama beaches will re-open as of Thursday, April 30th at 5pm.
- Hotels and vacation rentals are open, but groups of 10+ are discouraged.
- Hotels and condominiums may open their pools but must enforce social distancing.
- Restaurants and bars remain closed to dine-in; they may continue take out and delivery.
- Retail stores may open as of Thursday, April 30th at 5pm but must maintain less than 50% occupancy and maintain social distancing.
- Charter boats are able to operate, with social distancing.
- Boat launches remain open.
- Cedar Point Pier remains open.
- The East End Beach, Dauphin Island Campground, Fort Gaines, Cadillac Square Bathrooms and Audubon Parking will remain closed.
- The Dauphin Island Estuarium also remains closed.